It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Friday, June 4, 2010

Sin and Sunburn...

A wise man once said, "When you can't go left, go right."

Okay, I don't actually know if a wise man ever said that, and it has absolutely nothing to do with this post. I just...I don't know. I was feeling random.

Yesterday was fun. I went swimming for the first time this summer. The water was nice, there weren't too many annoying kids, and I only had to watch over two of my younger siblings. It was very relaxing.

Before I got in the water, I applied sunscreen. To my front, because it is WHITE, to my back because...well, same story, and to my arms. I didn't put any on my legs or feet because I am a runner, and I pride myself in my tanner-than-the-rest-of-my-body legs. After that, I jumped in the water, completely forgetting about my face, ears, and neck. These three places happen to be where I get the worst sunburns, the most often. Maybe it's just because I forget about them, I don't know. Anyway, I was fine pretty much the whole day, and then it was time to go to sleep. I had taken a long, relaxing nap earlier in the day, so I was pretty sure that I would have a hard time getting to sleep. Yeah...that was an understatement, to say the least. I got in bed, turned on my iPod, and tried to sleep. An hour later, I still couldn't sleep, so I got out of bed and came upstairs to the computer. I tried to start a post here...but nothing was coming. So I just chatted with my friends for couple of hours, and then went back to bed to see if I could sleep. After rolling around a bit in pain, sleep finally came. 6 hours of it. Not bad, I guess...but during the summer? I think it should be illegal to get any less than 8 hours of sleep. Okay not illegal...just, dumb. So I'm dumb, alright.

Anyway, about the title of this post. I was at a Seminary morningside where Brad Wilcox was speaking, and he said something like this. This is all paraphrased...it's been a couple years... "Sinning is like getting sunburned. It's always painful, but we forget how much pain a sunburn actually causes us until we get burned again." I'm really botching this...sorry... "We would never say, 'I can't wait until this heals, so I can go FRY AGAIN...'" So, there's my...thought for the day. Next time you're in a situation where you might be tempted to sin, just think of the last nice, pink sunburn you had and how much fun it was. :)

I'm gonna go now. The cousins are here!

Have a nice day,

-Joscann

No comments:

Post a Comment