It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bored?

Bored. What a funny word. One that I think is used all too often. When I was young, and I told my mom that I was bored, she would either just tell me to find something to do, or she'd give me a list of about 15 different chores I could use to help me get rid of my boredom. I love my mom. but...

I stopped being bored. At least...around her. :D

It's just funny to me that only a week or two ago, we were busy little high schoolers, working hard without much free time...but now that summer vacation is here, everyone is all of a sudden "bored" out of their mind. It's like some little switch kicks on that tells your brain that you don't know what to do with yourself.

Before I continue... most of my friends that have blogs of their own, they're really deep, and usually have some crazy awesome conclusions they come to at the end of every post. So, if that's what you're looking for, you're probably not gonna find it here. :) I tend to start writing about topics that have the potential to be really deep and profound, or even life changing, and then they end up just kind of...fizzling out. Not knowing where to go or how to come to any sort of conclusion. So sue me...I'm not Ghandi...or...anywhere close. I'd be lucky to be compared with some local journalist...

Where was I? Bored. That's right. I was talking about how being bored didn't exist 200 years ago. In Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary, the term "bored" only existed as the past participle of the verb "to bore", as in...wood. People back then didn't get "bored". That might have been very painful, especially when you see the tools they used back then...

So I try to be funny...does it work? Maybe. My only hope is that I can be clever enough to keep someone's attention for the length of a post, without scaring them off. I'm probably not doing so well tonight...and I'd try to tell a joke or something, but my brain really isn't functioning like it's supposed to. That's not really surprising, seeing as it's 1 in the morning. I should probably get to bed soon, and spare you from my...non...clever...ness, right now...

Once upon a time, there was a little boy who wanted to go to sleep...

THE END.

Of this post.

Fer rills.

Goodnight,

-Someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment