It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Me...

So, since this is my first post and all, it should probably be all about me. Who I am, what I'm like, etc. Fortunately for all that read this post, it's not. I have never really been good at talking about myself, so we'll save that for a later time when I feel up to it. Or until...never. Whichever comes last.

Anyway, I started this blog because it seemed like all of my friends had one, so why shouldn't I? Also, the prophet said to keep a journal, so why not an online one? I've never been good at keeping a journal. Maybe this will help.

There are a lot of things that I've never been good at. Like sneezing with my eyes open! I've tried so many times, and I still can't quite get it...

So, today I went to the temple for the second time in 24 hours, and I decided that I really like the Provo Temple. I've been to the Salt Lake temple, and the Draper temple, and the Timpanogos temple the last few times, so I hadn't been to Provo for a few weeks. The ordinances are all the same, the prayers, the procedure. It's just the subtle differences in the execution of the ordinances, flow of traffic, etc. that is different enough to be distracting. (Another thing I'm not good at: getting to the point of my stories. Bear with me, they usually do have a point.) So, I decided that since I've been going to the Provo Temple so regularly, it's a lot better for me because it's what I'm used to. That way I can focus on the work that's being done instead of how it's being done. So, there's the point. Provo Temple = less destractions. Any other temple = a good but distracting experience.

I am ADD. Self diagnosed, maybe, but I am. I was typing that paragraph up there, and was suddenly thinking about how grateful I was to have Mrs. Snyder as an English teacher. She taught us all about comma use. So, I was grateful that I knew where to put the commas up there in that paragraph. That's the end of my ADD-ness for now. It'll be back though, don't worry.

Commas...where was I? Oh. Temples. I really enjoy going to the temple. It's right at the top of the list of places I like to go. Right underneath temples on the list is the top of Lake Mountain. That's my favorite outdoor place to be.

And now it's late, and I'm rambling. I think I'm gonna call it quits for the night. I'd say this was a wonderfully mediocre first post.

So, signing off. Or...um, signing out. Checking in. out... Whatever people say at the end of their posts. I think I'll just say, Have a nice day!

-Moscas

No comments:

Post a Comment