It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, October 15, 2012

If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, then how long would it take a grasshopper with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Just wondering.

This week was much better than last week. We had much better results. And I think a record of 11 investigators in Sacrament Mtg. Awesome. :) We had lots of new investigators, and are now working on getting them to progress and such. :) 

We're still working with Ramón, but he's been a little hard to get a hold of because he started his first semester of college last week. We're hoping we can talk to him this week so that he can be baptized on the 27th of October. Jorge is our other progressing investigator. He's been to church twice now, and is really taking interest. He's got a baptismal date for Nov. 3rd. We've been working with his mother as well, because she's been a member for a long time, but inactive for almost as long. So we're hoping to get the whole family to come to church. :) 

Life here is pretty awesome. I'm always sweating. Unless I'm in the shower. It reminds me of Holes. "There's only one knob, because there's only one temperature. Cold." But it's a nice break from the terrible heat we're in all day. I've never had to spend so much time washing the collars of my shirts. But, like it says in Himno numero 16 (that's in spanish. I think it's 27 in English), "Por sacrificio se dan bendiciones." So. I'm just fine. :) 

My companion is doing great. I'm really sorry...I still don't have pictures. I mean...I have pictures, but this computer doesn't recognize my memory card. :( Hopefully I'll be able to get them to you next week. 

Anyway...I'm almost out of time. Gots to go.

Love y'all. :) 

Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment