It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, October 1, 2012

Cucuta, Cucuta...

I bet you'll never guess where I am right now. 

Darn...you guessed it. I'm in Cucuta!!! :D Yay. Basically, I'm really happy to be here again. I didn't really want to leave when they took me out, so I'm glad to be back. The only thing I miss is drinkable water. That and not sweating every moment of every day. Even at night, it gets down to a low of about 80 degrees. Awesome. :)

We're in Quinta Bosch, where the zone leaders used to be. I'm not District leader anymore, so that'll be a nice break. I just get to work and work and then...work. :) Love it. The ward is really supportive of the missionaries at the moment. Elder Ure, and Elder Romero, two good friends of mine were here before us, and they were just tearing it up. They're amazing, and they left us a good load of investigators, etc. So once we get a little more...ubicados (not sure how you say that in english), we're going to baptize the whole area. 

Amazing things really do happen in the mission field. We went to Ward Council yesterday (by far the most effective and efficient ward council I have ever attended), and we talked about the different desafíos that the ward has. The area we have the most problems in...or, the least support, mas bien, is the JAS. Or...YSA. So, our goal is to basically just baptize lots of JAS and families with JAS, etc. :) The coolest thing was that just yesterday, we found 2 or 3 new investigators that were JAS, or had kids that are JAS. The Bishop was saying yesterday that before, they needed an Elder's Quorum President, so the missionaries and the ward prayed and fasted that they'd be able to find one. He said that in only a month, the missionaries baptized a man that became the best Elder's Quorum President the ward had ever had. :) It's possible. We just need to pray and fast for lots of JAS, and I have faith that we'll find them. :) 

My companion's namd is Elder Salazar. He's pretty much awesome. He's tall, funny, and has a great bass singing voice. Whenever we're in the apartment, and lots of times on the street, we sing songs with awesome tenor or bass. Love it. He also speaks English really well, so I've almost been speaking more English than Spanish. :) He's only got 3 months on the mission, but he's a great missionary. We're going to have lots of success. 

As far as investigators go, we only have one baptismal date set. Ramón. He's 18 (JAS. Yeah.), and looks like he's 25. Jaja. He's a really cool guy. He's already been to church a couple times, and is reading and praying. He just needs to find that specific answer that these things are true. As of right now, he has a baptismal date for the 13th of October. Other than that...we're basically just working on finding and finding and finding some more. :) 

Well folks, that's about all I have to report. I don't have a picture of my new comp yet. I'll get that to y'all next week. Remember that you're in my prayers, and that I love y'all more than cheese. "For Philadelphia Cream, I need no longer dream..." 

Anyway, Peace out. 

Elder Joey

P.S. "Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment