It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's your birthday? I didn't know it was your birthday!!!

Ah, good old Kronk. 

It's not my birthday yet, but it is tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all your wonderful birthday wishes. :)  I still can't believe I'm turning 21. I still feel 18. Well, 19, because I'm a missionary. But 21? Ni modo. 

Life here is pretty good. I'm writing today instead of yesterday because President Andelin changed our Pday to have a sports activity with all the missionaries in Bogota, Duitama and Yopal. More than half the mission! It was great. I played ultimate frisby for the first time in 2 years, and we also played sand volleyball. :) It was a blast. 

I also got my birthday package!!! Happy day. I'll be opening it tomorrow. :)

Elder Coronel already went home, so I'm just here with Elder Sanford. We've already started "Operación: Contactar a todos." Contact everyone, and teach anyone that'll listen to us. :) 

I love being a missionary. I feel kind of old. I'm the oldest missionary in my zone (according to time on the mission...not age). It's just weird. But life is wonderful. 

Isabel has said that she¡s planning on getting married at the end of this month. Please, if you can pray for her, and her husband Armando so that everything will work out, and they will have the desire as well as the means to get married. :) She's amazing. 

Santiago is doing alright. We had a charla franca with him yesterday, and worked some things out. We read Mosiah 27 the other day with Gloria. I don't know if we need an angel to appear to him and strike him dumb...but we do need to figure out some way for him to really feel the spirit and have that change of heart. He's a really great kid, he just needs to feel the influence of the spirit in his life. 

Other than that, we're looking for lots and lots of new investigators. We have a goal to find 11 new investigators this week. I know we can do it. The best thing about righteous goals is that Heavenly Father will always help us complete them. 

Anyway, thanks again for everything! I love y'all. :) 

Elder Joey

P.S. Happy Birthday, Jorge! Te quiero muchísimo! 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment