It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, April 22, 2013

Hey y'all.

So, I can't believe another week has gone by. Every time I turn around, it's Monday again. This week was pretty eventful. :) Because...it was my BIRTHDAY!!! 

On Tuesday, we had an almost mission-wide sports activity, and they gave me my birthday package. Awesome. :)Then on Wednesday, we had an FHE with Gloria and Santiago and Lizeth. We got there and everything was decorated with tissue paper flowers and ribbons and such. We ate a delish cheesecake that they had made me (at my request), and then they gave me the coolest present ever! It was a huge poster of the family the day we got sealed. But they put it in front of the Salt Lake Temple. I'll show you pics. Don't worry. It was amazing. :) So now it's hanging in my room. :) 

Then we had our FHE. I gave the lesson. It was about President Uchtdorf's talk this conference called "La Esperanza de la Luz de Dios." The hope of the light of God? It was a good lesson. Well, I thought it went alright, anyway. Haha. :) 

Anyway, then there were the games and the strawberries in the chocolate fountain, etc. Oh, and I can't forget the ayacas. Yes, we're still in Colombia. ;) 

21st birthday? Success.

We talked yesterday with Sebastian and his mom, Marcela. We hadn't talked to them for a loooong time. He's a good kid, but he's only 12, so until his mom accepts the gospel...it'll be hard for him to do so. I mean, it's not like he can just get up on Sunday and walk a mile alone to church. Marcela is really receptive, and always understands really well and asks really good questions, but for some reason, doesn't want to join the church. I think she's just worried about "all the rules." We explained to her that we're not monks. We're normal people. We have parties, we dance, we enjoy life...just, without the alcohol and tabaco. I think it went well. I saw some progress. She just needs to come to church. I really hope she does. Because she would be an amazing member of the church. She already acts like one. Except for maybe a few Word of Wisdom problems. So we're praying lots that she'll soften her heart, and have the courage and faith to join the church. :) 

She'll come around. :) 

Isabel still isn't married. We're still hoping to do it this week or next week...but it's been hard. The truth of it is, she already has all the papers she needs, and the ward members have offered to help out with the cost of the notary. She just needs to make the decision. 

Operation: Contact Everyone went pretty well. We didn't contact everyone... but we got pretty close. We actually found a member from Barranquilla that's been here in Bogota 6 years and just didn't know where the church was. So we're going to visit her tomorrow with the Releif Society President. It'd be awesome if her family also joined the church. :) 

Well family, thanks for everything. I enjoyed reading all your birthday letters on my birthday! Haha. I love you all so much. :) What would I do without you? 

-Elder Cannon



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment