It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I just bought a scarf.

They always say there's a first for everything, right? 

Like that one time I slept on the roof. Or when I ate a worm. Or when I ran a marathon. ...I guess some firsts are cooler than others.

So, there's this sister in the ward who's a recent convert. And she keeps telling me I need to take better care of myself and drink ginger water and take vitamin c and bundle up more when I go outside. I'd usually just tell her that I'll be fine. That I take care of myself, and that I don't ever really get sick anyway. 

But...then I got sick. It wasn't terrible, but it was bad enough to not be able to work for a day (the most boring day of my life, btw's). So I decided that she was right, and that I should bundle up more, and take better care of myself. After all, it has been really cold and rainy lately. So I bought a scarf. Which is weird. I've always been the type that takes the trash out in the snow barefoot, or goes out and plays in the rain just for fun. But while I'm working...I decided it's better not to risk it. I can't feed sheep if I'm sick in bed.

Anyway. This week was pretty good. We're getting better, number-wise, but investigator-wise...we haven't had many changes. It's honestly been pretty tough, because they've made a new rule that we can't tract after 6pm. And in the afternoon, we almost always have appointments. So...it's kind of been hard to find new investigators. We have received a few refferals, but none that are incredibly solid. We need to pray for more referrals, and then just ask everyone and their dog if they know anyone we could teach.

We'll keep working at it. Nothing is impossible, right? Especially with the Lord on our side. And all of your prayers as well. :)

We have been working with a former investigator who had told us that she didn't want to get baptized. Her name is Patricia. She came to General Conference and told one of the sisters in our ward that she did want to get baptized. I think she still may have some concerns, but she did accept a baptismal date. So we're working with her lots to strengthen her faith and get rid of her doubts and fears before her baptismal date. 

So. That's about all I have to say. Oh, I guess I should explain. I'm writing today, because we changed our Pday to go to the temple. Then I was still feeling a little sickish, so we didn't go. Hopefully we can go another day this week. 

Love y'all! 

-Elder Cannon

P.S. "We stole the Time Square Jumbotron! That's what I'm talking ´bout!"



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment