It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, April 8, 2013

April showers bring May...showers.

I'm basically the biggest fan of April on earth. Except maybe Brother Bringhurst (?) from Eagle Mountain. He used to give me a candy every week in church, just because my birthday was in April. Haha. 

Here, April basically just means rain. And more rain, and more rain. What fun. Luckily, I have a new umbrella, because my old one died. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, with how much I use it. I bought it almost a year ago in Tunja. Anyway, I'm set and ready to go for this "winter" season. 

This week was pretty good. We're doing pretty well working with our new converts. Now we just need to find more people to convert, and then work with them too. 

Isabel still isn't married. I don't know what's holding her back. She has all the desire in the world. I think she's just worried about what her husband thinks. He wants to get married too, but I guess he's worried about the whole money thing. Marriage has some expensive traditions, like gold rings and parties and cakes and dresses, etc. We're trying to convince them that what really matters is the ceremony itself. Hopefully they'll agree... We're still praying lots and lots for them. 

Our converts are doing great. Please add Santago to your prayers. He's been a little...desjuiciado lately, and hasn't wanted to do much. Gloria and Lizeth, on the other hand, are doing great. Lizeth got her temple recommend, and is going to give a talk next Sunday. :) She's scared to death. Haha. But we'll help her out. I'm sure she'll do great. 

Anyway, Hope life is good for all y'all. Oh! I forgot to talk about Confernece! I loved it SO MUCH!!! And received lots of answers to prayers and questions I had. Some of my favorite talks were President Monson's on Sunday Morning, and Elder Scott's. Elder Hales' in the Priesthood session was good too. Honestly, I just loved all of it. It made me laught how much they talked about turning off our electronic devices. And like when Elder Scott said that if we read a scripture as much as we read our text messages, we'd have them all memorized. Haha. :) They also talked a LOT about missionaries. It's so amazing that we went from 57,000 last year, to 65,000 this year. God knew what he was doing when He inspired President Monson to change the age limit. I've heard lots of people say that they're going to change the mission for men to 18 months, but that would completely defeat the purpose of having more missionaries. This work is just going forward. Like the stone cut out of the mountain without hands. They talked about that several times too. 

I'm so grateful to have Prophets and Apostles on the earth today. This church is so true. I love it. :) 

Love y'all. Happy April. :) 

-Elder Joey

P.S. "Tell me where the talking llama is, and we'll burn your house to the ground." "Um, don't you mean, or?" "Fine. Tell me where the talking llama is, OR we'll burn your house to the ground!" "...that's kind of a crucial conjunction."



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment