It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, July 30, 2012

Greetings, earthlings...

This week has gone by really fast. It seems like just a week ago I was emailing y'all. 

Hehe...that was almost funny.

Aaanyway, life's good. I'm loving this whole "inspired music" thing. Basically my favorite thing ever. I just hope the missionaries don't abuse it. That's what happened last time, and they got rid of music. 

We've been working with a few people this week that are progressing a lot. Johana and Edward, and Johana's sister, Diana. They came to church this Sunday, and had a lot of questions. We're have an appointment with them tomorrow, so I hope everything goes well. We're planning on commiting them to baptism. :) I love commiting people to baptism. Basically my favorite part of the mission. Always one of the times I feel the spirit the most. 

Another investigator we have is named Rocío. She's a single mom who has a lot of faith in Jesus Christ. She also came to church yesterday, and broought her two children. She's been really interested in everything we've taught her, and has been reading the Book of Mormon as well. That just means that if she prays in faith, she'll get an answer soon. There's a part of Preach My Gospel that says to have faith in the promise in Moroni 10:3-5. Starting the mission out, I don't think I had so much faith. But now...I really can't deny the fact (because that's exactly what it is) that when someone reads, ponders and prays with faith, they will receive an answer. It's just that simple. :) D&C 82:10 says it all. The Lord is literally bound when we do what He says. :) 

So, life is wonderful. Lots of rain, and cold, but that's the kind of weather I love. My companion is from the coast, so he's freezing to death...poor guy. I'm loving this weather. 

Out of time. Love y'all. Keep reading and praying and going to the temple. :) 

-Elder Moscas



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment