It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of JULY!!!!!!!

Happy fourth everyone!!!

I'm sorry I couldn't write yesterday. It's really hard to find time on a day that's not Pday. But here I am, writing y'all again. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, eating delicious barbecue and watching fireworks and such. Last year I got to see the fireworks, because I was in the MTC and they gave us all permission to watch them. Basically the coolest day of the MTC. Haha. Then they gave us ice cream and sent us to bed. This year, so far only the Sister missionaries in my district have wished me a happy 4th. We'll see if anyone else remembers. Like last year for Thanksgiving, one person wished me a happy Thanksgiving the whole day. And she gave us scrambled eggs for dinner to celebrate. :P But I guess that's all just a part of living in another country. I'm kind of excited to see how the 20th is going to be, because that's their independance day. 

So...the work goes ever onward. It's never easy, but it's always wonderful to be able to see the results of this marvelous work. We talked with Carmen on Monday, and she's doing great. We watched the Joseph Smith movie, which they had never seen, and they all loved it. It's such a powerful movie. 

Lately we've been working with a family that's only part-member. We're working specifically with two single mothers, Samantha and Esperanza. They both gave birth to their babies about a month ago, and have been really interested in learning and coming to church. We commited them to be baptized on the 21st of July. I hope everything turns out all right. Apart from them, we have some other investigators, but they don't progress much. Lots of times they don't come to church, or they don't read or pray. Those 3 things are essential to receiving an answer to a prayer about the church or the Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith. 

Anyway, life is wonderful. Again, I wish you all a happy 4th of July, and hope that all your wildest dreams come true.

Love,
Elder Joey

P.S. Just follow your heart. That's what I do.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment