It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, August 6, 2012

You are a skilled metal worker.

I did not know that!

Hey all. How's it going? My life is pretty good. Average at times. Awesome at times. Not so awesome at times. But always I'm learning and growing and trying my best to be like Jesus. 

I'm doing alright. I had a wonderful opportunity this week to baptize an elderly man named José. The reason I've never told you about him is because he's from another ward. But the sisters of that ward...obviously can't baptize him, and when I interviewed him for baptism, he asked me if I would baptize him. I told him I would love to. It's so wonderful to see someone take those amazing decisions and change their lives a little at a time. That's one of the reasons I love the mission so much.

So, we're still working with Johana and Edward and Diana and Jessica and Rocío (and her children, Lina and Nicolas) and a couple others. We've been really blessed to have so many investigators. In my time as a missionary, I think I've spent most of my time trying to find, and not as much time teaching progressing investigators. But this transfer has been different. Now the only difficult thing is trying to balance all of the appointments and not forget about any of them. Also we still have to focus on finding and contacting other people, for when our investigators get baptized, we still have people to teach and aren't left with nothing. 

Anyway, I don't have much else to say. There are some general authorities coming down soon, I think. That'll be awesome. I'll keep y'all posted. They've also made a choir to sing at the conference when the general authorities come, and Sister Andelin, the Mission President's wife wants me to play the piano. Que chévere. 

Well, I think I've talked long enough. Love y'all. Don't do drugs, stay in school, and don't take candy from strangers.

-Elder Cannon



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment