It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, July 16, 2012

Why hello there.

Hello all. 

How are you? I'm doing well. A little wet this week, but my paraguas and my zapatos are still in good shape, so I'm not too bad. A little cold as well, but not nearly as cold as my companion. I actually have been enjoying it. He's been apenas aguantando. Jaja. 

Esperanza had her baptismal interview, and passed! The only thing that worries me is that she hasn't really been reading the Book of Mormon very much. She's read a little on her own...but very little. So we've been working with her almost every day this passed week trying to help her understand the importance of reading the Book of Mormon on her own. Samantha is still in the Unión libre status, so we commited her to talk with her boyfriend about marriage. We put a date for the 4th of August. So they'd get married the 3rd, and baptized the 4th. We're praying lots that it'll happen. :) 

Our other investigators are good. We've received a lot of new referrals lately, and last week they actually released our bishop and called a new one. He's really excited and ready to work and help us in any way he can, so that'll be really nice. We had Ward Council this week and everyone had a lot of good ideas that we're going to start doing this week. We're going to give talks in Sacrament mtg. next Sunday about Missionary work, so hopefully it all goes well. 

Training is going well. My son is powerful, but sometimes he talks a lot and doesn't let me talk at all. I was the opposite. I didn't talk very much at all starting out. Now I talk just fine, but I only say as much as I need to. I guess I feel sometimes like because I don't fight for time, I never get a word in. When teaching should be more of a shared experience. "By the mouth of two or three witnesses shall all my words be established." But he's still learning, so no worries. We've still got a while to go before the training is over. 

So...life's good. They've said that our new President might let us listen to music. That would be wonderful. I mean, I'm fine without it, but music is...kind of a big part of my life. So I like it when I can listen to it. :) Tab Choir, I love you.

Anyway, I hope everything is wonderful there in Utah, or Idaho...or wherever y'all are. :) Love y'all a ton. 

-Elder Cannon

P.S. Y'all remember Camila from Cúcuta? She called me Saturday night and said that she was in Bogotá and wanted to come to visit. So Sunday she came to our chapel! it was so good to see her again, and hear how everything/everyone is doing. I really hope I can be here when she gets sealed to her husband next March. Anyway...that was a fun surprise. :) 

P.P.S. The other foto is of me and the other Elder Cannon in the mission. He's from Brigham City and is descendent of George Q.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment