It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hello my dear family!

So...you're probably all wondering why I didn't write on Monday. I have a good reason, I promise. We changed Pday to Wednesday this week, because the Bogota Temple isn't open on Mondays. We went to the temple!!! I was reading in my journal the other day, and I found the last day I had gone to the temple, while in the MTC. June 30, 2011. It had been almost a year since I had been to the temple. Wow. I'm going to attach fotos, fo sho. Anyway, it was a really amazing experience. Everything was in Spanish, but they were the same special, sacred ordinances as ever. I loved it. 

Novedades: Two of the sisters in my district left. One finally got her visa to Argentina, and another got transfered to Cucuta. So now we're down to 2 sisters, my companion, and I in our district. they will be missed, pero así es la misión. Now, the 2 sisters in my district are the Hermana Quispe, and Hermana Galvis. La Quispe I know from my district in Cucuta, and Hermana Galvis was a sister in my ward there, who had already received her call to Puerto Rico. She didn't get her visa in time, so she's here in my district until she gets it. 

Yesterday, President and Sister Hacking came to give us the last Zone Conference before they leave. :( I'm going to be really sad to see them go. It's been such a blessing to have them here. they gave us all a picture of them, and Sister Hacking told me that for when I get back, they're going to have a mission reunion every October. So I'll get to see them again. :) After the conference, I started playing the piano, and Elder Bogdan, who has an amazing voice started singing while I sang tenor. After a couple duets, everyone joined in, and we sang 5 or 6 songs. It was a really special experience. I felt at home. Haha. Everyone gathered around the piano, singing hymns. :) 

I'm about out of time, but I just want to say that I love you all, and I hope you're all doing well. Say hi to my dear Utah for me. 

Take luck. Love y'all.

-Elder Joseph

P.S. What are you stupid? Red eye flashes twice! Hehe...



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment