It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, May 28, 2012

And then a whole year passed by...

Hello fam and friends. 

I've officially been out a year. Not that I'm counting, because I'm not, but it's kind of a big milestone. And yet another "hole cow, crazy how time flies" moment. Haha. Anyway, happy año to me. I still can't believe so much time has passed... 

So...remember that one time I didn't want to leave Tunja, because there were baptisms and a whole bunch of awesome investigators? Well...they transfered me. "Behold, the Spirit of the Lord has called me another way; I have gone to the land of Bogota to teach the people of San Andres" (Alma 22:4. You should really just read that whole chapter. It's all about asking inspired questions and following the Spirit in a teaching opportunity). Bogota is a lot like Tunja, but the sun doesn't burn as much, it rains more, and I am totally and completely lost. Haha. I'm with Elder Balabarca. He's from Peru and is from the same group as my son, Elder Valenzuela. This makes 4 Peruvian companions, a Colombian, Ecuadorian, and a Chilean. The Peruvians are pretty cool. Sometimes a little...flojo. But we'll see. We actually worked really hard this week. Felt good. We taught more than 20 lessons and did over 90 contacts. Tranquilo! So, the work goes ever onward. Elder Balabarca's last companion had some issues with his eye...I don't really know what, but they couldn't work every day , so we don't have a ton of investigators. But that's alright. We're always finding new ones. In fact, last night we were knocking a street, and we had just reached our goal of 20 contacts for the day. That's when a lady came up to us and asked us who we were, and expressed the desire to hear our message and come to our church and such. So we have an appointment with her on Wednesday. That's something I've seen a lot on my mission. Anytime I've done more than 20 contacts, someone cool turns up. But if we only do 10 or 15 in the day, we don't usually find anyone that progresses. Heavenly Father just wants us to push our limits. He could bless us mediocrity, but then why would we ever change or try harder? It's when we meet or surpass our goals that He really starts to bless us. :)

So...I don't really know what else to say. Oh, Paulina and Mayra are going to get baptized in a couple weeks. I've been in contact with Elder Valenzuela, and he told me last night that they commited them otra vez to be baptized. The coolest thing is that he's with Elder Romero, my old companion. They're going to baptize the whole city of Tunja. :) 

Anyway, life's good. I have to work with a suit now, which I don't really like. It's not as comfortable as using just a white shirt, or a sweater. My companion, on the other hand, puts on his sweater and his suit, and a scarf. Hehe... I enjoy this cool weather. 

President Hacking is leaving in a month... :'( It's going to be hard to see him go. Our new President is named President Andelin, and is from Emmet, Idaho, I think. He gets here on July 1st. It'll be an interesting change. I don't think it'll be a bad change, but...different. Presidents with different mindsets, different  thoughts and priorities, etc. But I'm excited to get to know our new President. 

I hope everything is merry and bright por ahi. Cuidense mucho, y estaremos hablando la otra semana. :) 

Love y'all,

Elder Cannon

P.S. Do the chickens have large talons?



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment