It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sup.

So...this week was pretty awesome. We didn't have the numbers we wanted, but Carmen passed her baptismal interview!!! :D I'm not actually sure how much I've told you all about Carmen. She's from Barranquilla, and recently moved here to live with her Aunt while she finds a job and starts college. Almost all of her family are members, including her mom, but her mom has been inactive for quite a while now, so Carmen never got baptized. Anyway, we've been teaching her, and she's one of those "little or no assembly required" kind of investigators. She was progressing right from the beginning, and accepted a baptismal date right off the bat. So this Saturday, she's getting baptized! :D Yay! Her Aunt Aida has really been a big support in all of this. She's a very active member, sealed in the temple, etc, that knows a lot and has a very strong testimony. We talked today in our District meeting about how every new member needs 3 things. 1. A friend, 2. An assignment, and 3. They need to be nourished by the good word of God. When we start off teaching someone that already has a friend in the church, the teaching process is much, much easier. Because when we're not there to answer a question, they have their friend. When we're not there to help them keep the law of chastity or the word of wisdom, they have their friend. And when they transfer the missionaries and others come, they still have their friend that they can always rely on. That's what happened with Camila in Cucuta. She had her boyfriend (now husband) to ask questions, resolve doubts, etc. when we weren't there for her. It's so much easier and much more effective when the members are involved.

Yesterday, we went to a park here called Jaime Duque. Pretty much the coolest place ever. They have a mini taj mahal, a zoo with all sorts of Colombian animals, monuments, museums, etc. We didn't have time to write yesterday because we got back a little late. But I took almost 200 pictures, so I'll be sure to send some when I can. I can't today, because when I put my USB in this computer, it gave me a virus... :( Is there such thing as anti virus software that I can install on my USB? That would be really helpful. Anyone? Anyone?

I got an email from my first companion, Elder Rapalino, telling me that he's leaving in a week! I can't believe it!!! Then President Hacking leaves the week after that. :( Everyone is leaving... Pero...asi es la mision. :-/

Life's good. I'll send you pics when I can. Take care, and don't forget that I love you all. Lots and lots.

-Elder Cannon

P.S. Why do you always have to be judging me, because I only believe in science?



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment