It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"O, be wise..."

I just wanted to get on here and say some grateful things while I have the chance. Well, at least, before I can't be grateful for them anymore. Not for a few days anyway... :-/

I'm grateful that I'm not in any pain.

I'm grateful that my face looks pretty normal. Well, normal, as in...how my face usually looks. If any of my sisters were here, they'd tell me that my face is anything but normal. ;) They're probably right...
I'm grateful for the fresh air. Especially when I'm cruising through it on a bike at 45 mph. 

I'm grateful for wisdom. Whenever I think about wisdom, I think about it compared to knowledge. I've always understood knowledge to be the facts. What's right/wrong, true/false, that kind of thing. But wisdom, on the other hand, is putting that knowledge into action. We're smart if we know how to tie our shoes, but unless we actually tie them, that piece of knowledge really isn't any good to us. "What is the number one problem in our community today? Untied shoe laces."

Um, so Flint Lockwood is a little more wise than all of us with his "Spray-on shoes!!!" But...whatever. He's a super genius, eh?

I remembered a quote earlier...oh yeah! I thought of it when I was theorizing about wisdom. Why was I doing that anyway...? Oh well. Here's the quote: "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

I don't know why I thought of that, I just did.

Now I'm gonna go die.

Not really...but...close?

I'm really not very excited about today. Can you tell?

I can.

But...I am me...

Well, Jack Heaton always said, "What doesn't kill you only prolongs the inevitable."

Happy trails!

-Moscas

No comments:

Post a Comment