It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, August 27, 2012

How's it going?

Hey fam. :) How're y'all doing? I'm doing pretty good. Well, really good actually. I got to see Elder D. Todd Christopherson twice this week. :) He came on Saturday to speak to all the missionaries in the Colombia Bogota North and South missions, as well as all the missionaries in the CCM (MTC) here in Bogota. Everyone from the entire mission came in planes and trains and automobiles...well, mostly just in Coopetran and Transmilenio. Anyway, we had prepared a choir, and I got to play the piano. Well, I actually got to play the piano for the whole conference. PS mom, the list of grateful general authorities is growing. Thanks for "forcing me" to learn to play the piano. Even though you didn't always have to force me, you did give me a love and a knowledge for the piano that I wouldn't have gained otherwise. :) So thanks. :) The Conference was really neat. There were some neat things that he explanied to us about the Atonement and how in D&C 19 it explans how even the Savior was afraid it would be too hard for him to endure, but that "Glory be to the Father" he was able to accomplish everything the Father sent Him here to do. :) After the conference, I took a bunch of pictures with my amazing missionary friends that I hadn't seen in ages. Then we left to conquer the world. ;) 

What's even cooler was that on Sunday, he came again to talk to our stake in a special stake conference. So we got a double dose of amazing insights from Elder Christopherson. We also got to shake his hand, which was also really cool. :) 

Anyway, that was basically the highlight of this week. :) I don't have a ton of time to write, but I just want to let y'all know that I'm doing well. I hope everything is going amazing whith everyone starting school and all. 

I love you all so much! You're amazing.

Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment