It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, September 3, 2012

It's fun to stay at the...

YMCA!!!

...so pretty much the coolest thing happened this week. We moved. Yeah! Por fin. The apartment we were in had been a missionary apartment for like 5 years, and it was...really needing some fixing up. So we changed apartments. We are now, officially living in the coolest missionary apartment in the entire mission. Haha. It's bigger, nicer, newer, has wood floors and carpet, a balcony...sigh. Love it. :) I don't have pics...but I'll send some when I can.

The other cool thing that happened was that Rocío was baptized! Yay. :) I do have pics of that...so I'm attaching one. It was really neat, because it was the same day that we were working with the newbies from the MTC. It was their first day in the field, and tomorrow they leave the MTC for the mission field. I got to work with one from Paraguay and another from Peru. So they got a first hand experience at everything wonderful that happens on the mish. :) It was a cool day. Now the cool thing is that Rocío's son, Nicolás wants to be baptized. He's the little guy there in the picture. He's...9 years old, if I'm not wrong. So this week we're going to be teaching him.

Today we had a zone activity where we played fútbol, ninja, "have you ever?" and cooked lunch to eat. It was loads of fun. We're only 12 missionaries in our zone, so we're really tight. Like...close together. All friends. :) It's cool. I bought socks to play soccer. I hadn't bought any socks before today. The ones I brought...because white socks I haven't used very much...have lasted me until now. But now they're pretty much dying, so I bought new ones.

My life is basically average. I got a haircut today. I've officially decided that getting a haircut is the best way to lose weight. I feel so light and care free without all that hair.

I'm so weird. I'm gonna go now...before I bore you all to death.

3 more weeks in this cambio. That's the only sad thing...I might not get to enjoy the new apartment as much as I would have liked...hehe. Ah well.

Anyway, life's good.

Love y'all, take care. Pray for me. Even though I know you already do, and I'm really, really grateful. :) Thanks a ton.

Chao,
Elder Cannon

P.S. Unicorns I love them, unicorns I love them...

No comments:

Post a Comment