It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, May 21, 2012

Hey the fam.

So...some good news and some bad news. And some...in between news.

We'll start with the bad news. Paulina and Mayra didn't get baptized. They're studying at the university right now, so they've both got crazy schedules and such. We didn't have time to teach them everything before the interview, so we had to reschedule. The good news is that they both still want to be baptized. They'll just have to wait a week or two. The in between news is that they haven't told us anything about the cambios. Who goes or stays. They'll tell us tonight. I really don't want to go, but I'm pretty sure President's going to transfer me... It almost always happens that when you train, you leave, and your son stays in the area with a new companion. I honestly would love to stay, but Paulina is more attatched to my companion anyway, so it's probably better that he stays. Not attached in a bad way, I just let him do most of the work with Paulina and Mayra. Planning lessons, calling them to schedule appointments, teaching, etc. So I'm actually hoping he stays. He deserves to baptize them both. :) I mean, really all of the success we have is from the Lord (Alma 26:27, last phrase). It's Him that gives us success, when we obey and do everything we are supposed to do. So yeah, I'll be a little disappointed if I get transfered and don't get to go the the baptism, but that's what happened with Camila in Cúcuta, and I still talk with her every now and again. She and her husband will hopefully be getting sealed next March. it's kind of a ways off, but I hope to be there in Bogotá when it happens. :)

So...life's good. It's hard sometimes, but always enjoyable. Today we said goodbye to Elder Godoy. He left to Bogotá this morning at 6 am. His plane leaves for Argentina on Wednesday. I can't believe he's already leaving. Incredible how time flies. I think that's going to become one of my most-said phrases. Time FLIES!!! Crazy. Anyway, he's such a good friend. We got here to Tunja at the same time, and have since become really good friends. :) I'm gonna miss him...

Other than that, I don't have much to report. President came for interviews this week. We also had our Stake Conference. It was a neat week. I guess I'll let you all know next week if I'm still in Tunja or not. Who knows where I'll be...

I love you all. Today I am actually attaching photos. Miracle, I know. Enjoy.

Take luck,

Elder Joey



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment