It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocoramos are my fav.

There's this wonderful thing that Colombia has that no other Country does. Well, not that I know of anyway. It's called a Chocoramo. Pretty much imagine the most wonderful, delicious thing you've ever eaten, and multiply it by SIX!!! That's how wonderfully delicious Chocoramos are. It's basically just some cake-like substance covered in chocolate and sold for 800 Pesos Colombianos. Like $0.40. :) Open mouth, insert happiness. 

This week was pretty much the bomb. I loved it. We worked hard, had some amazing lessons, and found some powerful new investigators. I don't know if I ever told you about Paulina and Mayra. We contacted them more than a month ago, and could never get back in touch with them. Then one day, we passed by their house, and they weren't there, but we got their phone number from their brother. Well, the brother of one of them...they're both students, so they live in the house like an apartment. I don't think they're family. Anyway, we finally got in contact with them, went to teach them, and they had a whole bunch of great questions and comments. They commited to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and also wanted to come to church. We arranged with a couple sisters in the ward that go to the same University, and they all came to church together. Pretty much the happiest day of my life. Haha. Tonight we have a Noche de Hogar with them, so I'm hoping everything goes well. Oh!! And what was even better was that when they got to the church, a different sister in the ward (who also studies at the same University) went up and gave Paulina a big hug. I guess their like best friends, and Paulina just didn't know her friend was a member of the church. Blessings, blessings, everywhere. 

I don't know if my email sent last week...I put 3 pictures and I usually only put 2. I hope y'all got it. I'll be sure to just attach 2 this time. 

Today I went to get my hair cut by Sister Ibañez. She has a Peluquería, so we always go there to cut our hair. Plus she charges us about $1.50 each time. Cheap, even for Colombia. After she cut my hair, she said she'd give me a manicure for free (as a late birthday present...). It makes me laugh sometimes, but the guys here in Colombia take really good care of their nails. So I said, what the heck, it can't hurt. Haha. Then before I realized, she started painting them red. Hahaha... I didn't leave it, obviously. Just long enough to take the picture. :P 

The other picture is of my companion and I with some of the most delicious hamburgers I have ever eaten...Well here in Colombia at least. They don't really know how to make a good burger here. We finally decided to just buy ground beef and make them ourselves. And thanks to the seasonings that dad sent me, they were that much better. :) Oh, and we made them 1/2 lb. each. ;) Delish. The fútbol jersey I have on is one that Elder Godoy gave me for my birthday. My collection is growing. Haha. It's from the Celtics team in Scottland. I didn't even know until we were walking across the Plaza Bolívar one Pday, and out of nowhere someone asks me in English, "Are you Scottish?" Hahaha... The best thing was that it was in an awesome Brittish accent. :) I started talking to the guy, who was from England. I told him I was from the states and that I was here in Colombia on a mission for the Church. It was a pretty randomly awesome experience. :) He said he was there helping in the English dept. in Boyacá, because the English level here is...pésimo. I offered my help, and gave him my phone number. He hasn't called me yet, but it'd be cool if he did. 

The work goes ever onward. I'm still about 1.82 meters and weigh about the same 81 kilos. I'm loving life as a missionary, and doing my best to preach and teach and work like missionaries do. :) 

Take luck, don't do drugs. Peace out, y'all.

-Elder Cannon

P.S. Now slam the door really hard. No...they can still see you. ...your elbow's still in...



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment