It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, March 12, 2012

Another week...

Pasado mañana es el dia de Pi. Happy Pie (pi) Day everyone.

This week was very different...and very productive. My son (greenie) is a really hard worker, and came out to the field with a lot of ganas de trabajar. This week we have been talking more with Diana, and we set a baptismal date for the 31st of March. She's going to school here at the UniBoyaca, and has mid terms...or finals or something this week. They call the Parciales. I'm not exactly sure what they are. Tests of some sort. Anyway, we visited with her yesterday and cleared up some doubts. She really has the desire to be baptized, which is wonderful. The only problem is that her parents don't like the church at all, and she goes to Yopal to be with them several times, several months a year. But she accepted the baptismal date for the 31st, and we're going to be working very closely with her so that she'll be able to reach that goal.

Today being Pday, we went to the chapel and played Ping pong. It was a blast! I hadn't played forEVER, so it took me a bit to warm up. Our ward mission leader, who got back from his mission last year, really knows how to play. The other Elders in Tunja, including my companion also play pretty well. I still remember the 100 game tournament that Kristopher and I started before he left for the mish. We got to 60 something games and were tired by that point. We'll have to finish when I get back. :)

Life's good. I'm not really sure what to write. This week we have Zone Conference with the President and the Assistants. That'll be fun. I hope everything is well in Utah. Are things warming up there? It's getting colder here. I think I'm going to buy a sweater soon...

Also I need to buy a soccer jersey from the United States team. Haha. I bought a Colombian one, but the other day, Elder Godoy had one on, and he told me that it was from the USA. I decided that I needed to buy one. Haha. The only thing is, an original jersey costs about 130,000 pesos. About $65. Just a bit expensive...

I'm going to attach some pictures. maybe that'll be more interesting that the things I have to say...

Oh, I remembered something else. This week we had a ward talent show. Myself and a hanful of youth played a version of If you couls Hie to Kolob. Me on the piano and them on the trumpet, trombone, baritone, saxophone, and clarinet. It went well, I think. I enjoyed it, at least. :)

Anyway...take care. I love you all.

-Elder Cannon

P.S. Yesterday I randomly thought of Naughty Ninties by Abbott & Castello. Has anyone seen that lately? Just wondering.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment