It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, December 19, 2011

Sup?

We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas...

Wanna know what I miss? Christmas music in English. I would enjoy it in Spanish, but they only have about 5, and they play them over and over and over and over and over again. Silent Night, The Drummer Boy, Feliz Navidad, and a couple others that I don't know the names of. Will someone please listen to the Come to the Manger CD for me? Especially the one about the "beautiful lizzard sun." Haha...okay, so when I was a kid, and that song played, I think it's Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella, when he says "beautiful is her son," I thought he was saying "beautiful lizzard sun." Anyway, listen to it. Then laugh at me. But listen to it, por lo menos. :)

I have a question for you all: How many of you have water storage? And if you do, how many days could you last on the storage that you have? Do you know how many gallons of water it takes to flush a toilet? To do a batch of laundry? To take a shower? To brush your teeth? Just some questions for you. If you don't have water storage, you'd better get on that, because some moron might accidentally spill a bunch of petroleum in your water source and then they'll cut your water supply for 2 weeks and you'll have no way to shower or wash clothes or brush your teeth or use the bathroom. Yikes. That could get ugly, don't you think? It could happen to you. So...yeah. As a missionary, water storage was about the farthest thing from my mind. ...until this week. :P Luckily it rained once or twice, and we collected some. 

This week, President Hacking came for a Zone Christmas activity. It was really neat. We acted out the birth of Christ, sang some Christmas Hymns, and then they let us watch "Emma," the movie about Emma Smith. Absolutely incredible. I loved it. Then there was dinner, and presents! They gave us a bag of goodies and a cover for our daily planners. :) It was fun. 

I don't really know what else to say. There are a bunch of Chilenos going home this week, so we're going to see some cambios. Hopefully I don't get transfered...but you never know, eh? I also hope my companion doesn't get transfered, because then I'll be loster than lost. I don't even know how to take a taxi to our area. Actually, I think I do. But to take one back...I don't think so. 

Guess what?? Christmas is on Sunday!!! I can't believe it. It kind of doesn't feel like Christmas... That might be because it's like 90 degrees here, and I'm...not with my family. But I have friends here, and I'm not sad. It's just different than other years, y'know? Not bad. Just different.

I think I'm done talking now. Did I tell you that we're teaching a deaf/mute girl? Her name is Sonia, and she's amazing. Haha. She doesn't talk or hear at all, but she can read and write, and sign of course. We've been practicing the signs a little. I knew the ASL alphabet, more or less, but it's different down here. Some of the letters are the same, but others are different. And the few signs I knew besides the letters are also different. Hmm. So much for ASL. I should've learned LASL. Hehe. But she's progressing. Learning lots, attending church, keeping her commitments and everything. :) 

Most of all, I just want y'all to know that I know, without a doubt, that this Church is true. That Joseph Smith really was and is a Prophet called of God. That through him, God restored His Church again upon the earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. That is has the power to change lives for the better. I hope and pray that everything is well with all my dear family and friends. I love you all. God bless, and God speed. :)

-Elder Joey

P.S. My brother and I always thought that drowning in beer would be like heaven. But now all I got's two soakers and he's not here. This isn't heaven, this sucks! ;)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment