It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lessons in patience...

Do you ever have one of those days that are just full of...learning experiences? That was yesterday for me. It seemed that everything I did took longer than I wanted it too, and sometimes didn't even work out. I drove/rode in a car for probably 7 hours total (including a 45 minute drive through Labor Day traffic from Provo to Lindon). I went to get a movie ticket, and waited in the forever long lines to find out that it was sold out. It took me until I was stuck in traffic on Geneva for 30 minutes to realize how impatient I was being. That's when I decided that I had better learn something from all these experiences. Maybe someone up top thinks I'm not patient enough. ;) So that's when I cranked up the radio and started singing along, and smiling, and waving to people. You know. Stopping to smell the flowers. But...I didn't actually stop, or It would've taken me 3 hours to get home. :p So...that was yesterday. Patience. Sometimes things just take longer than you want them too. So make the best of it. :) This world is full of wonders. Don't gripe about how you're stuck in a 5 mile line of cars when you could behaving uplifting, happy thoughts. Happiness is a choice. There you have it. 

Be happy!

Um...all of this advice is really for me. You can take the advice if you want, but...I'm the one here who needs to hear all of this. :p 

I'm moving tomorrow. That's so weird. And sad. And super exciting. And...yeah. Can you tell I have mixed feelings about this whole thing? I'm gonna miss all of my sweetawesome Utah friends and family. It'll be good for me. In less than a year I'll be who knows where, preaching the gospel. This is just preparing me for that, eh? :) I'm excited. I really am. I just can't say I won't miss Utah (and Utah's weather, as crazy as that sounds). 

Well, off I go. Don't party too hard without me, eh?

I love you all! 

-Joey

1 comment:

  1. It's good advice. :)

    And your comment on Utah weather registered as "as crazy as Utah weather sounds, I'll miss it." But it fixed itself. In my head. After a couple of parts of a second. Then it made sense. Well, better sense. Yep. Kay, I'm done.

    Have fun! :D
    Enjoy your patience!
    And your making the most of things!
    Drive safe!
    ¡Te quiero mucho!

    ReplyDelete