It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Saturday, July 10, 2010

Camping and camping and camping and camping and camping...(just pretend that this goes on almost forever, okay?)

It's been ten years since I first went to Camp Taylor (some camp up in Idaho near Inkom). A lot has happened in those ten years.

Tanner (my awesome cousin that's only...5 years younger than me. But he's amazing, and he's pretty much my best friend, so no worries about the age difference) and I have found 5 or 6 hide-outs/club-houses and have abandoned almost as many.

We made bows and arrows using some sticks we found and an old shoe lace.

Using this same bow and arrow, I actually shot a deer. No, I did not kill the deer or in any way injure the deer. It pretty much just bounced off its side and scared it away. But it was pretty cool, all the same.

My uncle got married. Now they have five children and another on the way. :)

We went on a hike and found some chickens roaming wild. Unfortunately, our dog got to one of them. Sorry, chicken.

While digging around in some sawdust, we found a bunch of shiny, marble-like gem things...that was cool.

We hiked up to the top of a really high mountain overlooking camp.

We also biked that same trail. (Biking was harder...but more fun on the downhill.) :p

We found a skunk in our camp. And...the same dog that got the chicken also made friends with the skunk. Or...something like that. It smelled really bad.

This year we found another skunk in our camp. But don't worry, I scared it away. Emilyn thinks it ran away when it saw my face. ...that's probably not too far from the truth. At least this face is good for something.

We woke up one morning with a bunch of cows right in our camp. But...Idaho, remember? So...no big surprise.

I broke my dad's Walmart bike doing a wheelie... Sorry, Dad. But...Walmart bike. It was bound to happen eventually, right? ...maybe?

We happened upon a nest of angry hornets. That was an adventure...

A couple of my siblings learned to ride a bike. Some of them still know how...hee hee. ;)

We slept out on the grass on numerous occasions and watched the shooting stars until we fell asleep. Those were some of the most amazing shooting stars I've ever seen. :)

I went for a run to stay in shape for Cross Country.

I practiced the piano to prepare for a lesson.

(Those things only happened once, even though they probably should have happened every year...)

We found a huge termite's nest in one of the cabins. Ew.

We found a nest of baby robins. Cute little things. :)

We ate and slept and played and hiked and laughed and sang and talked and explored until we had to go home... :'(

But there's always next year. :)

Well, for everyone else. I will likely be on a mission in a year. So...three years. It's worth the wait though, don't worry. :)

That's pretty much all that's happened in the last ten years of my life. Well...at least during this annual 4-day family reunion. Isn't life just wonderful? :) :) :)

Have a nice day!

-Moscas

1 comment:

  1. (Yeah, kind of late to be posting, but whatev)
    Sheesh, Joey! Now you're making me all sad and nostalgic! It's kind of depressing that you're going to be gone for like... the rest of my life to go on your mission, but you still rock my socks, like always. Way to be, bro.
    And we've had some good times - good memories. Don't forget there's still room for more! ;)
    yep. <3
    P.s. your blog is my FLAVORITEST!

    ReplyDelete