It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, December 3, 2012

Holidays mode:on.

So. Happy Holidays, everyone! Crazy how time flies, but it's already December. I remember the last time it was December. That was a while ago...

This week was fun. And also sad. I'll talk about the fun part first. 

Tuesday morning, a sister in our ward called and asked us if we could come help her organize the house of her step daughter, who was going to have a baby this week, and needed some help. Well we agreed, but since we had appointments after, we thought it'd be okay to just go in our missionary attire. ...wrong! We got there, and she was like, "Uhh...why are you dressed like that? I thought you were going to come in normal clothes." And then she goes on to explain everything we have to organize and clean and mop and dust...inside, outside, in the back patio, etc, etc, etc. So...we both took off our ties and got to work. By the time we finished, our shirts were more black than white. Haha. It was a blast. So, we came home, showered and changed, and then went to our appointments. 

Nother fun thing that happened this week was the amazing Christmas Devotional last night. I LOVED the version of "What Child is This" that they did. I guess the music was my favorite part. And also President Monson's story about him being the problem child in his primary class. Haha. :) I love President Monson. And all of the prophets and apostles. They're wonderful men. 

The other cool thing we did was an amazing "Mormon Helping Hands" service activity on Saturday. It was a blast. We were restoring...or cleaning in and around a historic temple in Villa del Rosario. I'll attach pictures. 

So...the not so cool part of this week was that we had a chat with Ricardo and Yuranny about baptism...and they told us that they don't want to get baptized on the 8th. That they might get baptized later on...and that it was still something they wanted to do, but not for now. :( :( :( Saddest day of my life. My companion, walking home from that appointment, we were both just really sad. I told my companion that I felt a hole in my heart, and he said he felt the same. It's just the saddest thing in the world when you know that a person knows that the church and the gospel are true, but don't want to accept it or really follow Jesus Christ. It's really sad. So...we're still teaching them, and hoping and praying that everything will work out. Any prayers for them will be more than appreciated. 

Anyway, that was basically my week for ya. Cambios are coming up in 2 weeks. I can't believe that I've been here more than 2 months. 

So. Hope y'all are doing well. Take care.

-Elder Cannon

P.S. I'm also attaching fotos of Johanna's baptism. :) Enjoy.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment