It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, December 24, 2012

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!

So, Happy Christmas, everyone. :) Haha. I can't believe it's Christmas again. But I'm super excited for it. Mostly because I get to talk to my amazing family. :) I love y'all so much. What would I do without you? 

Christmas in Bogota feels a lot more like Christmas. It's cold. That's basically why. Also it feels more like Christmas because now we can listen to music, and so I've been listening to amazing Christmas music. The only CD that I miss is the Come to the Manger CD. I think it's Orrin Hatch and Janice Kapp Perry? I don't actually remember. It's been a while. I only remember listening to it every year as a child. And the song that says "Beautiful is the mother of God, beautiful lizard sun." Still makes me smile when I think of that. Like the livering room, or the lansoom welcome doll. Haha. :) 

Anyway, Christmas is wonderful. And this ward is too! I'm pretty sure I received the warmest welcome (despite the cold weather) I ever have to a ward here on my mission. Our ward mission leader is awesome, and very supportive (and also Argentine. Or Utahn. I'm not sure which. Haha. His spanish is Argentine, and his English is Utahn). But the ward has been very supportive. We're replacing the sister missionaries, which did an amazing job working here (as they always do), and the ward basically loves us. They're very active. I mean, apart from just attending on Sundays. We went Christmas caroling twice this week. :) It was so much fun. I didn't have my camera, or I would have taken pictures. They gave us all a Santa hat and we went around to less actives and elderly members and sang them Christmas Hymns and gave them bags of goodies. It was a blast. :) 

Anyway, I'm basically just REALLY excited to talk to y'all tomorrow. :) 

So, Merry Christmas to all. Don't party too hard without me. ;)

Love, 
Elder Cannon



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment