It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, November 5, 2012

Remember, remember, the 5th of November...

Wasn't is the 5th of November? Sometimes I think it was the 4th. I never can remember. 

Anyway. This week was awesome. :) We had a baptism!!! Yay. :) Jorge Alvarez got baptized. Then, even cooler (well, not really...but...also really cool) is that last night, we commited his little sister Yuranny to baptism as well. We're planning on baptizing the whole family, but...we have to do it one step at a time. At least we have the support of their mom. She's awesome. 

Today are cambios. Transfers. So...we're currently in a trio while another Elder waits for his companion that gets here the day after tomorrow. Isn't that a movie? The day after tomorrow. Anyway. My companion and I are staying here. :) We have a plan to take over the world. Operation: Noche Blanca, December 8th, 2012. Baptize everyone within the sound of our voice. ;) We've already got one on track. Now we just need like 20 more. That's not a joke either. I mean, it's a big number, but we have plans to invite basically everyone and their dog to be baptized. ;) It's gonna be awesome. 

So, life's been good. A little hot at times, but I can't complain too much. Oh! I just remembered. My two sons, Elder Valenzuela and Elder Numa are going to train! So now I'm going to have 3 grandsons. Haha. :) Before long I'm going to have to change my name to Abraham. Hahaha...just kidding. That...wasn't funny. Okay, maybe a little. :P They're both going to Bucaramanga. Fun stuff. 

I've been reading the Isaiah chapters lately, and comparing them with the "original," although, the version in the Book of Mormon is probably more original than the version in the bible. It's really interesting to see the changes that were made. And if that many changes were made in the whole bible? Crazy. most of the changes aren't doctrinal. I mean, you still get the same basic picture out of the words that are there. But other times, there are some pretty big changes. Interesting. I love the Isaiah chapters. Like it says in 1 Ne 19:23, we need to liken them to our lives. It also says the same thing in 2nd Nephi...I'm not sure what verse. But then later on, Jesus Christ himself gives the commandment to search the words of Isaiah diligently (3rd Ne 23:1). So, it's important. Promise. 

Well...I'm out of time. Peace out. Sorry I don't have pics of the baptism. I'll get them to y'all when I can. 

-Elder Cannon

P.S. I'm sorry, but you've thrown off the Emperor's groove. "Sorryyyyy...!"

No comments:

Post a Comment