It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, February 27, 2012

Trio...

Sup y'all?

I'm here in Tunja, waiting for my zone leaders to tell me who my new companion will be. Haha. They used to tell us on Sunday night, but they changed it to Monday night. Probably just to keep us in suspense a day longer. :P This whole week I was with Elder Godoy (Argentina) and Elder Sandoval (Colombia). We were in Tunja Sur basically the whole week. I only went to my area a couple of times with a young man from the ward. It was a pretty good week...but working in trio isn't the same. especially when I'm here in their house, and don't have half my stuff. I only brought 3 ties, so I've just been rotating. I do have other clothes...I'm not that gross. But I'm ready to go home. "Home." The apartment in my area. 

I've missed Elder Ochoa a lot this week. I called him a few times, and we chatted. He got his visa to the USA, and is heading to Utah in a few weeks. :) Chevere. I'm not really sure what else to write...this week I worked with all of Tunja Sur's investigators. I haven't seen Felipe in more than 2 weeks. :-/ I hope everything is alright. He studies a lot, and works as well. These past 2 Sundays he didn't come to church because he was working. Sometimes I think Satan works harder than us. Not harder than Heavenly Father, but sometimes harder than the missionaries. We just have to remember that only a 3rd of the hosts of heaven followed Satan. So really, for every devil tempting us, there are 2 angels keeping us from falling into temptation. Just some food for thought. That makes me want to read the Screwtape Letters again. I was going to read it again before I left, but I never made the time... Lastima.

The work here is good. The only thing is that Tunja Sur has a lot more support from the members than we do. I think that maybe the missionaries that were here before dind't work as much as they could have... :-/ But this cambio I'm going to try and work a lot with the members. Serving them in cualquier cosa, working hard and bringing investigators to church so that they can see that we are working. We'll have to see how it goes. 

Life is good. I'm kind of out of time, because I had to write the President today. But I hope all is well in dear Utah. Don't do drugs. Stay in school. And ignore that man behind the curtain...

Love you all,

Elder Cannon

P.S. Fine! I'll just pack my thing and go!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment