It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Today isn't P-day.

Maybe you're wondering why I didn't email yesterday. Or maybe you enjoyed your monday without that annoying email you get every week from some guy down in Colombia. Hehe. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup marry Humperdink in little less than half an hour.

Heh. Yesterday we had a crazy P-day. My companion and I woke up at 5:30, got ready, and drove to the Terminal. Bus station...place. We took some pictures, said goodbye, and put him on a bus to Bogota. :-/ He's going home! I really miss him. We're such good friends. I love it when my companionships are like that. They become more than just companions. More like life-long friends. Anyway, then myself and the 2 Elders from Tunja Sur got on a bus headed for Sogamoso. An hour and a half later, we met up there with the rest of the Zone and got on a bus headed for Playa Blanca! Playa Blanca (White Beach) is a "beach" at about 9,000 ft. above sea level. Give or take. I'll be sure to attach pictures. It was so much fun. It wasn't cold or anything. We couldn't swim, but they did let us get our feet wet. We played soccer on the beach, and later volleyball. It was such a blast! It was really hard to play soccer though...at that altitude. :P Anyway, when we left, we got back to Tunja around 6pm, and I went with the Elders in Barbosa for intercambios. Companion exchanges. So I'm here in Barbosa, which is about an hour and a half from Tunja. And...that's basically why I didn't email yesterday. Because we got here late, and didn't have time.

This week was pretty good. A little bit sad, because we spent a lot of time running errands for Elder Ochoa who was getting ready to leave. We bought luggage, because he had given his away. We said goodbye to all of our friends here, etc. Well...he said goodbye. I said, see you next week. Haha. We've been working more this week with Felipe. But it's hard to get ahold of him, because he studies, and when he's not studying, he's working. He didn't come to church this week, which worries me a little. MOstly because he has a baptismal date for the 3rd of March. We haven't really taught him all that much. And this week, I'm going to be in trio with Tunja Sur, so it'll be even harder to get over there to teach him. :-/ What's good is that he really has the desire to learn and keep his commitments. I'm just hoping he'll be prepared for his baptismal date.

This week, I talked with my companion about a lot of deep doctrine. It's stuff that doesn't really help us as missionaries...because our job is not to tell the investigators everything we know. Our job is to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ and simplify it to the point that a child could understand, and teach that to them. Only the things that are necessary for them to gain a testimony and to be converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. However, I have always believed in the importance of personal revelation. There are points of doctrine that we never hear about in General Conference, that we won't usually see reading the scriptures, but that are true. Those points of doctrine will only be given to us on our seeking them out and praying about them. I don't really know why I got off on this topic. I just love the fact that we believe (or should believe) in personal revelation. It's real. If we ever have a doubt about something, or a question to be answered, the first place to look should be our Father in Heaven. Because He knows everything. :)

Anyway...I'll get off my soapbox now. I love you all. Thank you all for your support. Your emails and letters and DearElders. They mean a lot to me. 

Take luck. :) 

-Elder Cannon

P.S. "Code: Send in the brainbots!" "You know, the whole point of a code is--" "Oh, just do it!"



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment