It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, January 23, 2012

Remember that one time...

...when I said there was no way they were going to transfer me, because I only had 6 weeks in the area? 

Well...they did. I am now stationed in Tunja. The coldest city in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. I love it. It finally feels like January. I also got my Christmas packages (Thanks so much!!!) and it kind of felt like Christmas. There wasn't snow or anything...it's not that cold, but it feels like a late September/early October day. Pretty chilly at night, and in the mornings. And we have hot water! Until this week, I hadn't taken a hot shower since July 29th, 2011. I only remember that date because it was the day I left the President's house for my first area. It's been kind of cool having hot water. I'm pretty sure we would die without it, because the cold water comes out with little chunks of ice. Okay, not really. But it feels like it. Our water heater is one of those where it's just mounted on the wall and heats the water as it runs through. Works great. 

I was really, really sad to leave Cucuta, for a few reasons. Camila's baptism was scheduled for the 21st of January, and I left for Tunja on the 17th. The cool thing was that we got here, and the previous missionaries had a baptismal date for this week as well. It's not really the same though, having a baptism for someone you've never even met. It was still a neat experience. On Saturday night, I got a call from Elder Romero, my comp that stayed in Motilones in Cucuta, and he told me they were there at the chapel at Camila's baptism. I got to talk to Camila and congratulate her and everything. She and Jose, her member fiance are getting married in March, and she invited me to their sealing in Bogota, if I'm there. I'll still be on the mish, but if I'm demaciado lejos, I probably won't be able to go. I really hope I'm there.

My companion's name is Elder Ochoa. He's from Peru, and he'll be in Peru within a month. Jeje. The good thing is, he's not nearly as trunky as some of my other companions that had several months left to go. We've been working hard, and since we're opening the area (we're both new here), we're super lost. But there are 4 Elders in this ward, so Elder Sandoval, the only one that didn't get transfered from Tunja, has shown us around a bit. 

I am loving the cold. Everyone here is dying of cold, but I'm really enjoying it. Haha. One sister in the ward told me to put my suit coat on, or I'd get sick. She may be right, but this isn't nearly as cold as Utah. Or Rexburg. Haha. Cold. 

Anyway, life's good. I hope all is well at home. I love you all. Ttyl. :)

-Elder Cannon

P.S. the pics are of Elder Romero and I the day I left Cucuta. Also there's Cucuta's gas prices. It looks like a lot, but remember that there are about 1800 Colombian Pesos to every dollar. :)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment