It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's been a while...

I haven't blogged for a while. Then again, who ever said that I had to blog regularly? Nobody. In fact, most people I know don't. At least...not daily, or even weekly. With the exception of my missionary friends that have their parents post their weekly emails on their blog. All the same, I like to keep everyone updated about my oh-so-exciting life (that is...if anyone even reads this blog). Yup.

So, I'm home. Kinda weird, kinda cool, kinda sweetawesome. It's weird to be living with a bunch of girls again, but it's nice not to have to pay for food, and it's really nice to be back with my family. :) If I didn't love my family as much as I do, I might not be so excited about moving back home. But with my family? Anyone would be glad to be home. :) Also, it's nice to be able to go for a walk or a run and not have to be worried about frostbite or hypothermia.

Today is Christmas Adam. I've never called it that before, but today I heard some people calling it that, and I thought it was pretty funny. I'm still not ready for Christmas. I have a couple of gifts I haven't bought, and a couple that I still need to wrap. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. Not because of the presents or the candy though (that's not to say I didn't enjoy those things...because I did). I always love Christmas because of the warm, fuzzy feeling of curling up with my family in front of the fire when it's freezing cold outside and reading a book, or reading Luke 2, or sipping hot chocolate, or whatever else we can think of doing as a family.

I love our family's Christmas traditions too. Like Shepherd's Night. Shepherd's Night usually happens on the family night before Christmas. We go and buy food that we think the shepherds would have eaten back when Christ was born. Things like unleavened bread, different meats and cheeses (we had lamb a couple of times...but that's kind of more money and work than it's worth. Most of the time it's ham or roast beef), and we usually have potatoes, olives, grapes, and honey butter for the bread. Also, we always eat with our fingers, and we use our wooden bowls. After dinner, we usually read Luke 2, and talk about different things like why the angels came to shepherds, or how the shepherds felt and how they reacted, etc. Then sometimes we'll watch the LDS Nativity video.

I love Christmas music too. My favorite CD is the one that we've listened to every year for as long as I can remember. I think it's called Come to the Manger. I think. It's by Orrin Hatch and Janice Kapp Perry. And you can listen to it at http://www.ldsaudio.com/shop/music.aspx?type=album&id=231. Actually, that's probably just 30 second previews. But you can buy it there. It's worth it, I promise. ;)

I feel like I'm using a lot of smiley's. I kind of go through phases. Sometimes I don't ever use them, and other times I want to use them after every sentence. :p

Besides being Christmas Adam, It's also someone's birthday. :) So, here's a poem for the birthday girl:

Today is Christmas Adam, it's your birthday.
You're older now, and maybe wiser too.
I bet you wish that you were even halfway 
to being done with school at BYU.

This poem doesn't really have much purpose,
Except to tell you "Happy birthday, dear."
My lamesauce rhyming skills and ADDness
make it hard for me to write a poem here.

So, happy birthday to you, Josefina.
I really wrote this poem just for you.
It's hard to rhyme with you're name, Josefina.
And...I think this poem's over anyway...

Happy Birthday?

Love ya!

-Joey

So, merry Christmas Adam, everyone! I'd better go wrap some presents now. They won't wrap themselves, unfortunately... :p

I love you all!

Have a nice day, eh?

-Moscas

1 comment:

  1. ¡Thanks mucho, Querido! (For the poem, and for posting in general. And for the very-very plentiful, quality smiles, which I couldn't keep quiet even if I wanted to.) Love you too! Hope your Christmas was wonderful!
    Josefina

    (ps: thanks for sending me that email too, or I might not've seen this post, because I'm so very dreadful at internet-ing.)

    ReplyDelete