It's not so much "whatever that means." It's whoever...

"Dear Elder Cannon: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Bogota North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months...You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language... "


Monday, June 10, 2013

The last melon...

So...before I begin. my keyboard is lamesauce and the left shift doesn't work. Nor does the exclamation point, or the tab key. Gotta love internet cafes. 

This week was really hard. I don't know if God just wants me to come home all polished and shiny from all of this refiner's fire business...but we've worked every day, all day, and had almost no lessons. Well, compared to the number of lessons we normally have. It's been pretty hard, and we were kind of discouraged, but there's really only one thing a missionar can do in this kind of situation. "Endure it well." It's not just enduring...you have to endure it well. Give everything you've got, and if that's not enough, then just trust that the Lord is in control, and if things don't go the way we want them to, at least we know we've been diligent and obedient. 

We are still working with Elsa and the other married couple, Carlos and Monica. They've all got a baptismal date for the 22nd of June. hopefully my companion doesn't get transferred, so he can be there and send me pictures. They're all really prepared people. Ready and willing to make and keep commitments and covenants with God. 

I honestly can't believe my mission is coming to a close. Y'all are probably bored of always hearing something in my emails about how time goes by so fast. I just don't feel like 2 years have already come and gone. but here we are. 2 years later. I can honestly say that i'm a completely different person than when I came out here. Yeah, i guess some things are still the same, but i've learned more than I ever thought i could in 2 years. it's a great blessing, being able to serve a mission. i wouldn't trade these 2 years of missionary service for anything in the world.

This church is true. i don't have any doubt in my mind that God and jesus Christ appeared to joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove, that spring morning in 1820. i wasn't there to see it, but I believe it will all my heart.

Thank you, family, for everything. All of your love and support. i honest to goodnessly couldn't have done this without you. :)

Elder Cannon.

P.S. A llama?? He's supposed to be dead!!!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment